Friday, October 7, 2016

Long time.. what's going on..
































Hey there my dear readers!  I wrote a two-part guest post at Weecos blog, about my simplicity journey, and you can read it here if you want to -
Part one
Part two

Though I didn't really like the added stock photo of a messy table with things to get rid of.. because I would have liked all of the photos to have been mine (it's not like I didn't have any messy photos..) this one just sticks out, but oh well..

Life is rolling along, I was really busy in July filling orders, and in August preparing for the Design Market. After that was over, it's been nice to have time to work on my print patterns, sew things just for fun -like things for Indi and myself, and gifts. And just take it easy for a while. As you can see, the autumn is here, the wool sock season began weeks ago for me!


I got rid of some excess furniture after re-doing my work space. One huge desk, three arm chairs, one drawer thing, one antique coffee table (that was always going to my sister's house, but it just got stuck at our place) and one low side table are gone.  The low side table and  flowery arm chair never quite found their place so they were given to friends. When we moved here, I really wanted to make this place a cozy home for us, and I also used decorating as a distraction, I think. But all the things I got were vintage, not new stuff, and I also gave away and sold what I didn't want after all /anymore so it didn't stay at our home or storage for long. I'm keeping the drawing table with the top that can be lifted up, as I'be been drawing on large papers and it's definitely useful. And there is a corner in our living room where it fits nicely.

Also having, well, a few cats, made me realize that I really don't want fabric upholstered furniture anymore. Leather is much easier, so those are the ones that we kept. My husband has asthma and I think he was relieved when I wanted to get rid of the fabric covered furniture.

We painted one wall in my studio with magnetic paint (only a part of it, as it's really expensive and you need a thick layer for the magnets to actually stick!) and chalkboard paint. So I can put up stuff easily and take it away easily too. I like that. The old picture wall above my desk in the studio started to feel stuffy, and of course there were a bunch of nails, and they are never at the right spot if you want to put up something different.  I also like to put up To Do-lists, and things that are not meant to stay for long.

So, that's mostly it - normal life, and I like that the best! Indi has school for four hours a day and no afternoon activity, so she is with me quite much. Her friends come over to play with our cats and sew. She has one friend with whom she goes to sing in a church choir and that's her only hobby outside of home at the moment. Well, she does go pokémon hunting with her dad, and cousins sometimes. :)
I work, some designing and pattern making, some sewing, print design, packaging and shipping orders, things like that. The best part is designing.. but I would not like to do it under pressure. I'm happy with the amount of work at the moment, as I have my limits both time- and health-wise.

I'm still amazed at the work God has done and is doing in our lives and in our hearts. I trust Him with our future too.




7 comments:

Little Miss Know-it-all said...

Lovely to read a new post from you!
Indi is such a big girl now; love the fabrics you use in your designs...

Caterina said...

I always enjoy your posts. I can't believe how much Indi has grown! She's beautiful!!

I love your designs and am happy how much God has blessed you and your family.

Anna said...

So happy to hear from you, Vappu!!! Love this little peek into your everyday life - it all sounds very busy but in a clam way. Love how your simplicity is evolving to meet your actual needs. Still loving your clothes. x

Anna said...

Calm way LOL.

Unknown said...

We at The Pet Vet Set provides puppies for sale in Delhi at our Pet Shop In Delhi. Apart from dogs we do have exotic birds for sale in Delhi & aquarium fishes. We offer ranges of pet solutions that include dog training, dog breeding, dog meal at our dog kennel in Delhi with proper veterinary care at our dog veterinary clinic in Delhi.

heini said...

Kiva kuulla kuulumisia. Muistatko, kun joskus aikoinaan puistossa juttelimme tulevista, mitä kenties haluaisit tehdä sitten kun lapset ovat koulussa. Näin ne asiat järjestyvät ja ideat löytyvät, johdatuksen kautta. Unelmatilanne sillä muotoa sinulla. Ja minulla myös.

AlaskAnna said...

It's nice hear from you. Congratulations on your new business! Someday, I want to design my own fabric patterns for my projects