Saturday, September 12, 2015

Truly miss










































Settling in. School has its ups and downs for sure, but mostly things are going pretty okay.
I've been doing some watercolors and plan to paint some canvases when I get my studio in order - which is really an excuse I guess haha. But I'm just liking aquarelles now, and I had planned a small exhibition at the church we live next to -called Water and Light - but I think the exhibit just got really tiny and I may only have space for the photos I printed on aluminum.. as we have a few dozen new neighbors at the church, refugees in temporary crisis shelter and it of course affects the church space as a whole. The official refugee centers are overflowing.

In case you are wondering what the handwritten text says, it's some random thoughts and basis for what I'm working on right now:

Dry land, scorched by the sun,
thirsts for rain.

For a moment the cold sprinkler water refreshes a child screaming for joy,
and the wilted grass.

The child names her cat Light.

My studio heats up too much, I say and pull the curtains over the windows.

Mommy, I'm afraid of the dark, the child says,
even though it's barely dusk.

Nothing to worry about, mommy is here.
Let's turn on the corridor light.

I am thirsty
Thirsty for God.




A song with English subtitles for you "Ikävä - Truly Miss".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTIOSSDrD-U

I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart, for following my blog, though I have been posting so little.
I do have things I want to say, to talk about, pictures and words to share.. just send them out into the wold and pray they find whomever they were intended for.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing. Karen xx

Anna said...

Your writings on a simple life were the best I've ever read. Do post more when you can.

Vappu said...

Thanks Karen and Anna! I will try to do better, and write more about simple living as well. My life as a whole has been everything but simple during the past year, but that has forced me to intentionally find joy in the little things.. keep the things simple that you CAN keep simple, to make the other chaos more bearable. Maybe I'll do a post on that :D

Tina said...

Hi Vappu...I just discovered your blog and I have really enjoyed reading it! I am a Christan from Australia. I have been interested in simplifying for over a year and have been trying to apply the principles to my home/ life. I have a long way to go! It is so refreshing to read a Christian perspective, because it is as you say, that Jesus and the disciples were the ultimate minimalists! And Jesus taught us to follow His example, not trends and cultural norms. I am only sad that you recently deleted your old posts because I would have loved to read them! Keep up the good work!
Tina

Tina said...

Hi Vappu...I just discovered your blog and I have really enjoyed reading it! I am a Christan from Australia. I have been interested in simplifying for over a year and have been trying to apply the principles to my home/ life. I have a long way to go! It is so refreshing to read a Christian perspective, because it is as you say, that Jesus and the disciples were the ultimate minimalists! And Jesus taught us to follow His example, not trends and cultural norms. I am only sad that you recently deleted your old posts because I would have loved to read them! Keep up the good work!
Tina

Unknown said...

And everything is beautiful! Your cat loves Jelly bean? The paw, the paw, what a lovely paw. I like the rhythm of the song. Thanks for sharing. Stay beautiful!

xoxo, Marie@ Follyfoot Cattery