Saturday, September 26, 2015

Shadows and light, tears and laughter, surviving and perhaps living a little










I guess there is no way for me to keep blogging without telling about this.
This thing that has cut me wide open, deeper than anything else before in my life, and trampled the broken pieces so deep into the ground that sometimes I think there is no way anyone could ever pick them up and make me whole again. Even though I have been through a lot and my family has been through a lot, nothing has ever been like this private hell.

Yes, we really have moved, but just me, my girl, and our cat. My husband has left me and filed for divorce. This has been going on since last winter (January-February), and he actually decided to come back, and then he left again.

This new apartment is really big, because when we decided to rent this, he was supposed to stay with us. Our old building just went under some big construction work, which I found out about a few weeks before it started, at the same time that I heard about this apartment becoming available.

Because of my illness and all the emotional stress, I could not think of staying there.

I am not going into any details because this involves other people.
Let's just say that my husband takes most of the blame for ruining our marriage (not that I claim to have been the perfect wife!), and that he wants to be a loving father to our beloved daughter, and that he has been generous in wanting to make we are financially secure.

The six month mandatory consideration period is over and he can make the divorce official with just a signature on a paper. I do not know if he will. I'm not asking. It will only make him anxious and shut down. So I let him be, and we only talk about practical matters.

I know it would be a long way back home for him - and I could not let him do this to our child for a third time. Her sense of security and trust would be in ruins after that.

I forgive him. Because Jesus forgives me my sin. And my husband's as well.
There are issues, deep wounds and traumas affecting people, Christians too. We do horrible things and say horrible things. That's why we know we need Grace so badly!

I love him and always will. But after all these past months, I have gone through so many emotions, wanting to force him to stay, wanting to help him, make him whole and happy. But it's not in my power, and the greatest act of love I can think of doing for him is letting him go.

The future is wide open. My main concern now is Indi's well being, and she will get through this if I do. I will only speak kindly about her father (though I will say that it is not right, or God's will, to divorce - but the sin in this world and in us prevents the world, and our lives, from being perfect and ideal. That would be heaven then, and we are not there yet).

She needs to know her daddy still loves her, and it's okay that she loves him too, and that they get to keep their close relationship. So I tell her, that we forgive him and love him. It's okay to feel sad or angry too, or anything. It's okay to cry.

I will not let her break over this, not if it takes every last bit of my strength.
I will not let her break.

So now it's out there. I have not tried to keep it a secret anyway.
Please pray for me, all you who believe in Jesus, that He would guide us and that His will would happen, not mine.






18 comments:

Unknown said...

I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Love and blessings Karen x

Unknown said...

A very powerful story. You have such strength. Stay strong in God all the very best for a prosperous and blessed future.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Indie.

Gemma said...

I'm glad you've been posting again but sorry you are going through such a tough time.

Rosemary/sonrie said...

I really like reading your blog. I am very sorry to hear of this for you and I will include you in my prayers for strength and patience. May God grant you strength to persevere.

Claire/Just a little less said...

God bless you both. Stay strong xo

Sandy said...

What an incredibly tough time for you. I am praying for you and your daughter. May God fill you with strength and peace. With love in Him, from Texas, Sandy

Colleen said...

I used to read your blog years ago and then I quit blogging and also quit reading. Now I have started again and I was so happy to see you still blogged because I always enjoyed your posts although maybe I never commented to tell you this.
I just want to say how deeply sorry I am for what is going on in your life. It must be so difficult to understand. I admire the way you are putting your daughter first and what you are teaching her about strength, grace and faith throughout all this.
I will lift your family up in prayer. Please know although we don't know one another, I am so sad on your behalf and will be thinking of you. God bless.

Linda K. said...

I found your blog not too long ago when I typed in "simple living." Your images and words are beautiful, and your reflections on faith point me to Jesus (you also seem to have the nicest cat). I'm so sorry for what's going on in your life and health. May Jesus be with you in your mourning and may He restore and heal all that's been broken and lost. Love in Christ from a sister in Los Angeles.

Vappu said...

Thank you everyone. I'm touched that people from around the world who have never met me, keep reading my thoughts and praying for me. May you all be blessed for your kindness <3
I also enjoy reading all the comments, thank you for letting me know you are out there, friends and sisters!

G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G said...

I discovered your blog in May, I look forward to each new post and the accompanying pictures.

I'm sorry that you've been going through such a tough time. I experienced something similar many years ago, always hoping things would settle down. In the end I filed for divorce, it was scary and difficult to be alone but it was the right thing to do. After a while life settled into a routine, something that seemed impossible during my marriage. Our children are grown and they are fine.

I have faith that your girl will be fine, too.

I wish you strength and good health.

Nadya said...

I deeply empathize with your pain. I have been there before (though we did not have a child). I could not "keep" him with me even though I desperately loved him still and wished he would return to me. A deep abiding Faith (with a capital F) kept me graceful despite the scandal and struggle. It has been five years since the divorce. In the meantime, a kind and loving man met me and my heart softened to the idea of love again. We married and we recently started a family. Somehow God had a plan for me and though it was hard to trust in it, it was worth keeping the faith. HE always has bigger plans for us than we can even imagine.

Vappu said...

Thank you G, and Nadya.
I know that without the Lord's grace toward me I would not be able to be this calm, forgiving, and graceful. It's like His good attributes are in a small way flowing though me in my darkest moments. I would not have it in me. So I cry out to Him.
I can understand someone leaving an abusive relationship, G. I will not judge a person who escapes a horrible marriage. I will not judge my husband. If he abides in Christ, God does not judge him either. I just hope that whatever happens with our marriage, that he will be able to receive healing and grace from the Lord.

I just asked Indi this morning whether she is feeling good, and is okay, with her, me and Valo living together and not having daddy with us. And she nodded, "Yes".

Anne said...

Hugs and prayers for you and Indi.

Unknown said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing.
Julie (in Edinburgh, Scotland)

MRS HECTOR BERLERIN said...

Me and my husband have busy careers and hold full time jobs. We occasionally bring work home. We are always stressed out and this had begun to affect our relationship. I love my husband very much and didn't want to lose him. I contacted Drlawrencespelltemple@hotmail.com for help and he suggested the strengthen love spell. Since the spell was cast, our relationship has grown from strength to strength. I know deep inside that the spell changed our lives and saved my marriage. you can contact Him via email: Drlawrencespelltemple@hotmail.com

Vappu said...

Mrs Hector Berlerin - Hello there :) You probably haven't been reading my blog that much if you have missed the fact that I'm a Christian, and definitely would not use any spells or magic tricks. Even when they appear to do good, they do not come from a good source. I put my faith SOLELY in the hands of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ, and He worked his perfect will and brought my husband to repentance and re-kindled his love for me. My family is together now after much pain and sorrow. I'm happy that your marriage is doing well, but even so, you still need Jesus for reconciling yourselves with God <3