Friday, October 22, 2021

Hello, anybody out there?

Hi, it's me, Cat's Meow.
I was going to start a new blog for keeping track of my daughter's homeschool, when I saw that my old posts were back. Not published, but visible to me.
I read through them and started missing blogging!

My daughter is now nearly 13 years old, a beautiful, intelligent, kind soul with ever deepening faith which has been tried and tested. Life has not been The Cat's Meow, for sure.
I will talk some more about everything, but for now I will let you know that we moved to another city with Indy, a small old city by the coast where my sister's family lives. I bought a small house of 63 square meters / 680 sqft. Or by my calculations, 71 square meters /760 sqft. We moved here with two of our four cats. The other two stayed with Indy's dad, who also decided to move to this city and lives downtown, about 4 kilometers/ 2,5 miles from us. They get to see each other as much as they want, but she wants to live with me. I was firm on the fact that none of this is her fault and I will not force her to travel between two homes. No. And luckily she is now old enough to have a legal right to pretty much decide by herself, so her dad accepted it, moved close to us, and he has actually said he is happy with this arrangement. He says he sometimes misses us but generally he likes living by himself.

We are still married, even though divorce was filed for the second time. Neither of us has somebody else now, and even though initially I told him I was going to get a divorce, I then decided to wait and see, let him carry the consequences of his actions for once, and maybe, maybe he could prove to me that he really has changed and that I could trust him again.

I'm not sure I ever can though, as he broke my trust over and over. At the end I felt like my sense of reality was getting compromised. I was a wreck, and I decided that I can't live like this, and I am not going to give this kind of example to my girl, that this is okay and this is what marriage is like, and you just take any abuse and forgive and stay. And I realized that I CAN forgive and still NOT stay. I do forgive, but I can not trust.

Just recently Indy wanted to know what happened. I'd told her some basics, and said that she can always ask more when she is ready to hear. I promised again that I will always be honest. She has the right to know why this happened to her family. She was okay with us moving out after the initial shock. But then we became sick, it was at the time the c-virus hit Finland. She didn't recover and started getting more and more symptoms, which is why I started to homeschool her. She was too sick to attend school, yet the doctor at the hospital told me basically that there is nothing wrong with her and she needs to go to school and activate herself. When I was homeschooling her, and I knew that she wanted to move to live closer to her cousins, I thought, why not? Why pay high rent in the city, when the only reason we were staying was her school, and now she is not attending? So I bought our little house and we moved a year ago.

I've been renovating and gardening, I have my small business of designing and selling fabrics (see our webpage at hellin.fi ) and I'm getting back to painting fine art as well. I just sold an old painting, and I noticed that after a long time being into print design, I miss painting. I published a pattern book as well, that was a fun project. The book is sold out but when I have money I'm planning on a second edition. Also I wanted to translate it to English, as I already have the patterns in English.
But we'll see.

So, I guess I have done a lot of things, objectively thinking, as I've also struggled with physical ailments, when I was fainting sometimes multiple times a day, extreme fatigue and things like that. Not to mention depression, anxiety, sometimes pure, unadultered desperation. Have you ever cried form a place so deep that the tears came out as screams? I was asking, how will I ever survive this? How will I ever have the strength to go on, to take care of my daughter, to be a stable, comforting mother to her in her sufferings? I have wished I could just give up. But because of her, I couldn't and I can't.

I cried out to my Lord to just hold on to me, to keep my head above the dark murky waters that were pulling me down so hard. Just keep me close, keep Indiana close. Let your will happen in our lives, Lord, I accept it, but just hold on to us. Let me praise you Lord, let me feel your joy and peace when I have none! If I must go on living, let me live ever closer to you Jesus!

So, I will try this blogging thing again. I will be writing about homeschooling, renovating, simple living, faith.. Things I used to write about, but also keep track of what we do for school. Indy has her own non-public homeschool blog where she posts things she does, things like essays from books she read and her drawings and animations, so I won't be sharing those here. Well, maybe some of her photos and artwork, as she is amazingly talented!
The photo of me at the beach, wearing a hooded denim jacket, was taken by her, by the way. I'm telling you she is more talented than I am at drawing, she has an ability to make stick figures convey emotions! But more about everything later. I hope to see you around!

6 comments:

Awurr Lu said...

Hello! It's so lovely to see you posting again. I've kept the address of your blog in my feed reader (it's an app that lets you see all the blogs you read in one place), in the hopes you might post again. I enjoy your writing and seeing your beautiful work. I think I found your blog originally via Miss Minimalist.

I wish you all the best during this tumultuous time! 💚

Spaarmoeder! said...

Happy to read your new post! Trust comes by foot and runs away on a horse. Life is tough sometimes, even when you count your blessings. You did the right thing to move, because it came from your heart. Separating, moving, divorcing the real life events. But look, you can forgive, have a different life... although you can´t forget.
I wish you all the best! Hope to read more from you!



Vappu said...

Oh, I'm so happy to see you both here!! (( Hugs ))
Thanks for the encouragement. Obviously I can't write details about certain challenges, but there are tons of things on my mind that I can write about, and since I would need to keep some kind of portfolio or blog anyway about the homeschool, I can do this all at once. I can just pick the homeschool posts for the overseeing teacher :)
See you <3

Sandy said...

What a happy surprise to see your posts pop up in my email!! Keep writing, please, you have such wonderful introspection. Still praying for you and your daughter from Texas! Hugs, Sandy

Lisa said...

Hi and greetings from USA. It’s so good to hear from you again - it’s been a few years! I wondered what happened to you and hoped all was well. I have re-check your blog in hopes you would post again as I enjoyed your posts in the past, and was pleasantly surprised. I pray you and your little one are doing well. I also homeschooled my children - they are grown now. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Vappu said...

Hi Sandy, lovely to hear from you! Thank you for commenting, and thank you for your prayers <3

And hi Lisa, that is so nice to hear that you have checked in sometimes <3 It is a humbling thought that some people find worth in my musings! Thank you for the prayers - my little one is now officially a teen after turning 13 years old, but still my baby of course.

I will try to keep posting somewhat regularly. I've had a persistent bronchitis and couldn't really do much for a couple of weeks, and it's still limited.
I was coughing tool much on Sunday morning and couldn't go to church even though I'd gotten all ready to go.